T-Mobile will pay off your phone but it will take longer for that
payment to come, before you owe the prior carrier the money. In other
words, when I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile in 2015, I got the bill
from AT&T long before the payment came from T-Mobile. T-Mobile has
been pretty good. They saved me lots of money compared with AT&T, but
I have started having problems with data and connections, and
making/receiving calls, on my iPhone 7. I live in Austin, TX, in an
apartment complex. I usually get between 1 and 3 bars at home and at
work. Whenever my wife calls me on her T-Mobile iPhone 7, either I am
unable to hear her or she is unable to hear me. One person can talk to
the other, but the other cannot hear the first. I am also having
trouble with the earbuds on my phone. I cannot make or answer calls at
my desk so that the other party can hear me. I have also seen a delay
when getting texts or voicemails. Not all of these can be blamed on
the network, but most of them are T-Mobile's fault. We are switching
back to AT&T in September when the new iPhones come out. Though AT&T
is more expensive, they have much better and stronger coverage, both
in our home town and when we travel other places in Texas, like
Dallas, and sometimes to West Texas. There is also an AT&T tower not
too far from my work, which means I will be getting a strong 5 bars no
matter where I go and which floor I am on. Currently, if I go down to
the basement, I do not get any reception from T-Mobile. But when I go
back to the first floor I get the usual 2 bars. If I go outside, it
goes up to 4 or 5 bars.

Hth,
Wayne

Connect with me on GoodReads: