Hi,

I have had this happen before when I tried to custom label an app when I was in
the app switcher, you heard the sound but the dialogue would only become
visible after you went back out of the app switcher. I just tried this in
Fleksy, only had my own email in there as a Favourite and I had to basically
bring up the custom label dialogue, then because it was not visible I tapped on
my email address and the mail app opened, at the same time the custom label
dialogue gained focus. I relabeled my email address with just my first name,
then saved it. I then dismissed the email and went back to Fleksy. First time I
did this the label didn’t work, I then did it a second time and after I went
back to Fleksy it now had just my first name instead of the entire email
address which means the labeling worked.

I then tried to custom label the Play/Pause button in the Sonos app which I
used to be able to do, but this time around this one just did not take, I
probably repeated it 6 times, but it does not work so yes, there definitely
seems to be some issues with this and I will add my voice to this by sending an
email to accessibil...@apple.com. In the meantime I don’t think I’ll contribute
any more to the thread unless I have anything new to add. The short of it is
that sometimes applying a custom label repeatedly will work, but in some cases
the labels will not work so Apple needs to look at this. Let’s all let them
know, move on and revisit this later hopefully after an update when maybe
something has been done about it. At least it appears to work in some cases,
but maybe this will be the next big and inconvenient bug in iOS 6 which won’t
get fixed until iOS 7, let’s hope not, but who knows.