You can use a three finger pull down as you can in other apps to refresh
your mail.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 7:07 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Four Email Questions

Answers in context of your questions:

1.       My VoiceOver is not reading  preview lines as I scroll through
e-mail messages.  Yet,  under Preview I have the choice for "2 lines"
selected I have Hints enabled and am holding my finger on the message long
enough to hear the "hint, "slide up or down to select the custom action."

The preview only works when you flick left or right toa message and then
wait, without touching the screen.

2.       Just below I-Clouds there is a button that is my e-mail address.  I
click it  and then I find choices  like, Mail, Calendars, notes, archived
messages. Each has a choice of off or on.  Anyone know what these mean?

That is to sync those items with your Email account.

 3.       Below these  there is a heading that says something like,

"phase deleted message in your All Mail folder." I can't quite tell what the
first word is of this sentence is and I don't know what it means.

That word is "Save."

When you go beyond your last account when in the inboxes, you will seeing a
heading called "Account" then each account is listed again. When you open
one of those, you have extra folders like drafts, sent, etc.  I am not sure,
but my messages end up in the trash folder tied to each specific account.  I
never deal with the "all mail".

4.       If one chooses the manual setting under Fetch New Data,  , how does
one then fetch messages manually if there is no longer a Refresh button in
e-mail?

It seems to refresh itself.  I have noticed several times with this list
that I'll be reading through messages, deleting some, and new messages will
arrive without me leaving and coming back in.

I too have mine on Manual, but it seems to only fetch messages when that
account is open.  I can't tell if it is refreshing constantly, or exactly
how it is doing it, but whatever it does, it is working and not fetching
messages when Mail is not open.

HTH,

Richard