  From: Kathy Kalaluhi
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 8:42 PM
  Subject: RE: Text Message Question

  Hi Mike

  Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

  When I deleted the entire contact and re-entered the information back into
contacts, I did select mobile for my son’s phone number.  I even closed or
turned off my phone off completely and turned it back on before sending a
message to him.  It is still showing up as an IPhone in the message app.  What
I mean by this is that when you go to messages and select compose,, the box for
the text message appears as IMessage rather than text message.  I have only two
other contacts who do not use IPhones and when you go to compose a text to
them, they say text message rather than IMessage.

  What I do not get about Apple is how it has a memory like an elephant.  When
I hit compose to send a text to my son, and I begin typing his name into the To
field, I get an option to send a text to him along with a sister and a couple
of cousins from a group text we had going about a month ago.  Even though I
deleted the group text, it is still appearing when I type his name or my sister
or my couple of cousins into the to field in a text message.  I have to be
awfully careful not to pick that as the name I want the message sent.  It could
be downright humiliating depending upon who I am complaining about lol.  Just
kidding.

  Ok, thanks so much for your suggestion.  Hope someone else reads my email and
has more to add. Have a good evening.

  Kathy