From: 'Carol Pearson' via VIPhone [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2017 4:29 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: THE ROTOR - IS IT TIME TO THINK AGAIN?

Hi all,

I have been noticing that, with the increase of features and upgrades, so too
have there become more rotor actions that, perhaps, I might want to use, so I
have put them there but found that often the rotor needs a fair amount of
turning to get to a particular option right in the middle. I know some people
find this movement harder to accomplish than others and, whilst I find it easy
enough to do, I am finding that this has become more tedious as the rotor is
used now for so many different options. I have also noticed that, because the
rotor works round in a list, though it doesn't actually do full circle, there
are times when an item that has been selected just does not show up on the
rotor because it's obviously just hit that part where it's not visible, or
something like that.

I am wondering if the time has come for some thought on the part of users and
technicians alike to take some time to convey things in a different way,
perhaps even with two rotors so that items can be placed into two separate
groups. I'd be interested in any experiences and/or thoughts others have had
concerning this.

For example, a lot of the rotor items needed for web searching aren't
necessarily needed when writing a text or an email, so perhaps two groups with
a way to jump easily between them could work.

Anyway, let's see how this grabs everyone - or not, as the case may be!

Carol P - UK

To post to this group, send email to