If you go with Uber Pool, then you are sharing with other riders.
However, once I was on a trip with my wife and one other separate
rider, so it is possible to get other people if you are making a Pool
ride for you and another person. For Uber X trips, they assume that
you will need up to 4 seats, so you would not specify this in the
booking.

Hth,
Wayne