it meens i think that the type of creddit card doesn’t match the number you put
in. hth. from Mich.

From: Flor Lynch
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:19 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Message: Credit card number does not match credit card type.

Hi,

I’m attempting to set up my payment info in the App Store for my first free
download of an app on this iPhone 6s, having verified my fingerprint ID and
entered my password when asked. (This is for a free app, but ‘verification is
required’ probably as it’s my first download on this iPhone from the App Store.
The 16-digit Credit card number, CVV, and Expiry Date, are  correct.

So, what does, “Credit card number does not match credit card type” mean? Does
it mean, that I must contact my card provider to proceed anyway? Or, does it
mean something else? Or does it signify something else entirely unrelated? Or,
does it mean that I should simply try PayPal and hope it works? (When I/my Bank
changed from Visa to MasterCard, iTunes/App Store had accepted that in the past
and I made purchases using the latter card type.)

Any good ideas? Thanks.