If you search the app store for “Altimeter” you find a bunch of apps, most are
free with in-app purchases often to remove a bit of advertising. I tried out
two for you (lazy old fart) *smile*.

Travel Altimeter Lite by BranchenKing
Ltd.<https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/travel-altimeter-lite/id486556174?mt=8>
This one is pretty simple, primarily gives you your altitude and long/lat
coordinates.
There is a button if you swipe right after longitude which brings up a bunch of
other options, among others a bunch of in-app purchases for this one including
a bunch of backgrounds you can buy etc. This one I s a bit weird, Voiceover
reads a bunch of prices and I assume a sighted peerson can pick something here,
but that doesn’t seem to work with Voiceover.
You can set/calibrate the barometric sensor which is in all iPhones since I
believe the iPhone 6/6 Plus so if you were to go say to an airport or other
point where precise elevation is known and you do this then you should get very
accurate readings.

My Altitude by Dayana Networks
Ltd<https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/my-altitude/id465262694?mt=8>
This one is also interesting, it has a few unlabelled butttons at the top, but
Voiceover does read altitude as well as lat/long position, but this app has a
lot more info. For one it will give you an accuracy number for both altitude
and you rposition, e.g. “Plus or Minus 10 metres” and it will also give you the
boiling point of water at your elevation, current weather etc.
You can also take a picture which will include your altitude and lat/long
information.

If you want just a quick and simple app the first one might be better, if you
like a bit more info the second is interesting and there are a bunch more which
you would have to try. I used to have one a long time ago which was called
“Altimetered”, but while it shows in my purchase history I can’t redownload it
any more, I assume it’s one which hasn’t been updated in ages and never was
offered in 64 bit.
I believe both of the ones mentioned above require iOS 10.3 as a minimum
requirement.