I agree it's a matter of choice, how you'll be using the 2nd device and what's important to you. For me, I've tried this a few times, and I end up just mostly using my primary device. It's usually the newer and faster system. Again, depending on what you're doing on each system, a second system will require some TLC, such as installing updates, installing and updating apps and getting or syncing content over to it. I find that although my intentions are good when I pick up a second device, my habits aren't as good, so I don't put the time into updating and maintaining the second device and it's content, so I take the lazy way out and just end up using my primary device.

My one exception to this is with my Booksense which I still use to read my NLS books. I just hit a button and I'm reading the book I was just reading, and I'm picking up right where I left off. There's no updating software, launching an app or any maintenance whatsoever except for copying books over to it. Copying books over isn't as easy as downloading them from BARD to my smart phone, but I'm willing to put up with this to get to the other conveniences I get from the Booksense, including what some others have also mentioned, such as moving some battery drain off of my smart phone to another device. One of the reasons this works for me is that the Booksense is so different from my smart phones and so convenient for the one thing I ask it to do. My iPhone 4S and Nexus 7 are just older slower versions of what I already have in my iPhone 7 and S7, so I just don't see much advantage to spending time on them to have them do something my newer devices do better and faster anyway.

On 01/23/2018 04:39 PM, Cristóbal wrote:
Even if you buy a  refurb unit from Apple at 16 GB, you're looking at $150.
That's the cheapest option. Brand new, the 32 GB Touch goes for $200.
If battery usage is your concern, you're better off buying a separate power
source like a battery pack to put the phone in. Getting a Touch just to go easy
on your phone's battery is major overkill.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
lenron brown
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:18 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Supplementing my iPhone with an iPod: Good Idea?

I don't mind using my phone but I offen think I wouldn't mind having an Ipad as
a second device so I am not killing my phone battery so much.

On 1/23/18, Marie N. <magpie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Like most things this is simply a matter of choice. I have an IPhone
and an

IPod Touch and use both quite a lot. For listening to music and books,
I find using the IPod is best for me. It is so much lighter and
thinner that it slips into a pocket or purse and I hardly know it is
there. It is strictly my entertainment device and I never liked using
the phone for that.
Marie