  From: Cristobal
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2012 7:35 PM
  Subject: RE: Not crazy about iOS 6 new touch type mode.

  Having an accented o and ñ in my first and last name, I have to access the
alternative accented characters in the keyboard all the time. It’s easy enough
by tapping the n or o as an example and split tapping on the keyboard somewhere
else and after that, you can lift your finger and drag it around or flick left
or right as if you were in standard typing mode and press and hold on the
letter with the alternative characters till you hear the three chimes. Which at
that point you can drag your finger to the left or right depending on which
character you’re on to select the particular accent or umlaut or whatever other
variation is available. The same holds true when you’re in the numbers or
symbols part of the keyboard and you want to use the inverted exxlamation or
question mark if writing in Spanish for example. Really, it’s not that big a
deal. I for a time had international keyboards on my device, but got rid of
them since I can access any alternative characters through this method  without
having to bother with switching back and forth between layouts.