Hi Michael,

I mostly agree, maybe I should have been more clear in saying that I strictly
use a bluetooth keyboard when I’m at home and where it’s sitting right next to
me anyways most of the time. I also don’t like to try and use it while I’m out
and about although occasionally if I go to a trade show and I’m only gone maybe
for 2 days I will bring my bluetooth keyboard instead of my laptop. I have my
iPhone with me anyways and the bluetooth keyboard is still a lot smaller and
lighter than a laptop and this way I can easily reply to an email where the
reply needs to be more than just a couple of sentences or at the trade show I
can type some notes about a product etc. I think at times a bluetooth keyboard
can be extremely useful and help in making the iPhone a substitute for my
laptop which generally speaking I don’t consider it to be. I would never get
the idea that all I need is an iPhone or, for that matter an iPad. Composing
longer texts whether it’s a long email, or document or a spreadsheet is just
not something an iPhone is good with and it is even less though for a blind
user. Maybe some people take exception to this statement, but as accessible as
it is, it just won’t be the same as for a sighted users. I see that again and
again when some of my staff look up something on their iPhone, they are usually
done by the time I am half way there and I’m a pretty confident user.
Another example is if I want to send an email to a customer which contains a
few links to some of the products we sell on our website. WE sell a particular
brand of german boots which are extremely popular with hikers who know their
gear, hunters as well as with police officers. In order to make this easier I
have the URL’s to these boot models on our website saved in a little Notepad
file and if I compose an email I usually say something like this:

Please take a look at the following model which might interest you:
Meindl Glockner
GTX<https://www.bvoutdoors.com/meindl-glockner-gtx-mountaineering-boot-115-uk-hemphanf-2858-55-115-30991/>

To write this, open my Notepad file, copy the link and then make the boot model
text into a link on my Windows PC takes me probably 20 seconds. To accomplish
this with an iPhone would be a royal pain in the behind, I could probably make
keyboard shortcuts which insert the URL, but I think it looks more professional
if the actual product name is a link and just the simple process of turning the
rotor to text selection and to select the text is just so much more involved
then to go to the start of said text with the cursor and to press Shift+End to
select that entire line.

Best regards,
Sieghard