The issue with any color-identifying app is the inconsistant lighting. With a
standalone device, the lighting is always consistant. Now, I'm not saying I'd
buy this device--my Rainbow was a lot cheeper and serves my needs well--but I
do think there's a market/need out there for standalone devices.

Thanks,
Ari