> Hi everyone, first off, please share this with others, as I’ll explain later
> on in the message. Many of you may remember, or may have taken, the iPad
> training course I offered this past spring. I was really humbled and
> appreciative of all the positive feedback from that course, and I felt that
> the response to it was overwhelming.
>
> I’m now excited to announce that I will be offering more free training
> courses for 2018-19 training season. In this email I will specify and explain
> what I am offering, I will provide course dates, and I’ll provide a bit of
> other general info. I know some of these dates are a good ways off yet, but
> as I’ll explain, there are benefits to planning now.
>
> First off, I’ll be offering four major courses over the next year. They are
> as follows:
>
> Replacing Your Traditional TV with Apple TV: four sessions, one session per
> week, beginning Tuesday, October 2, 2018
>
> Living the Connected Digital Life: Four sessions, one session per week,
> beginning Tuesday, October 30, 2018
>
> Learn VOiceover In and Out: eight sessions, two per week, beginning Tuesday,
> January 22, 2019
>
> Learning Voiceover In and Out, Section B: Eight Sessions, two per week,
> beginning Tuesday, February 19, 2019
>
> IPad for All Computing: 12 Sessions, two per week, beginning Tuesday, April
> 16, 2019
>
> The courses which have two days per week will be held on Tuesdays and
> Thursdays. All courses will be held in the afternoon, with exact start times
> to be decided. Plan on somewhere around 2PM or 2:30 PM Eastern. Sessions will
> last for two hours.
>
> As with prior courses, each course is completely free and is available to
> everyone, sighted and non sighted alike. As before, courses will be held in
> Zoom, with an accompanying set of materials, offered as iTunes U courses,
> with the exception of the Apple TV and Connected Digital Life courses, which
> will require only small handouts rather than complete iTunes U courses.
>
> I’ll provide descriptions of each course below. What I’d love is if people
> would start sharing this entire email with your friends, family, co-workers,
> etc, and on any other relevant lists you may belong to. Additionally, please
> let me know which courses interest you. You can reply to this message with
> any questions, or you can email me off list to simply express interest in any
> courses. Now for some general descriptions:
>
> The Apple TV course was sort of requested by several participants in this
> year’s iPad course. It will be designed to offer participants an overview of
> what the Apple TV can do and how to use it. We will then get into various
> options for making the Apple TV your complete living room device, cutting the
> cord, streaming, etc. what about local channels? How about sports? What does
> it cost? How many people can watch at the same time? On and on. We’ll answer
> [...]
Reply off list at
kliph...@icloud.com <mailto:kliph...@icloud.com>
My groups
Beta tester for apple products?  come help squash the bugs:
https://groups.io/g/public-beta-users
Have a braille display?  Come teach and learn with others
https://groups.io/g/braille-display-users
User of IOS, TVOS, MacOS, and watchOS?  That’s all we discuss in only apple
talk and support.  Beginners, experienced and medium range users, come
subscribe here.
only-apple-tns+subscr...@groups.io
Oats is looking forward to having you!