From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 9:15 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Seeking Advice on Upgrading from iPhone 5 to iPhone SE

Hi Craig,

Yes, but if you wait a week or two you will probably get an SE for free
although I would advise against the SE. The SE is basically a 6S with respect
to processor and so on, of course it has the smaller 4 inch screen and unlike
the 6S/6S Plus, the SE does not have 3D Touch and it still has the first
generation touch Id home button. In the 6S/6S Plus this was upgraded to a
faster and I think more reliable second generation touch Id home button.

The fact is that the iPhone 6S/6S Plus came out in the fall of 2015 and while
the SE was released in spring of 2016 it is as I said basically a device of
that generation so by now 3 years old.

Also, there is little point in upgrading to iOS 11 now when iOS 12 will be
released to the public in 2 weeks. iOS 12 is going to be better at the first
12.0 release than iOS 11.4.1 is which was released in early July and which I
think is the latest iOS 11 release.

You may not need or want the latest and greatest and that’s perfectly fine, but
I would at least wait since there are rumours that Apple may update the SE as
well although this may not be announced in this keynote, it could verywell be a
muchmore silent upgrade, but like I said, to buy an iPhone a week before the
major annual keynote is not the best choice. Even if the SE is discontinued,
there will still be inventory for a little while afterwards and carriers will
be looking to get rid of that. Also, Also, which capacity is it that is being
offered for $100 by your carrier? I just had a look on the Apple website and
here in Canada I can buy a brandnew unlocked iPhone SE 32Gb from Apple without
any contract for $479 canadian, I assume this wold be $350 in the US, the
second option, the 128Gb model, is $599 Canadian, probably it would be $450 in
the US. If your carriers still charges $100 and requires you to lock yourself
into a 2-year plan then that is not such a hot deal in my opinion.

If places like Best Buy or Target in the US have inventory after next week
there is a good chance you’ll be able to get an even better deal.