Hi Ed,

Most unabridged Audible books consist of 2 parts, some have 3 or 4 and some
long ones have up to 6 or even 7. In any case, you would know how many parts
because you have to download them and if you are on the Now Playing screen
you can see which part of the book is playing, it would be the next right
swipe after the Share button and it's the first of 3 pieces of information:
Title including the part number, Author and narrator. If you swipe left from
the bottom it will go from Play to Jump Back, then narrator, author and
title with part number. So, once you know which part of the book is playing
you can check at the top, at the very top left you have the book title once
again with a Back button, but this doesn't announce the part. One swipe
right puts you on Info, another swipe right gives you the elapsed time of
the current chatper, next is the Chatper number and after that is the time
remaining in that chapter. Now, you can go back to Info and on the screen
that comes up select the very bottom right tab which is Chapters. Now you
see again the book title including the part number at the very top left,
then comes the Done button which gets you out of the Info screen and
following is a list of all the chapters in the current part. Each Chapter
starts with the length, then Voiceover reads, for example, Chapter 1. You
know from the first screen which chapter is playing so now if you once again
go to the very bottom where you have the Bookmarks, Details and Chapters
tabs, swipe left once from Bookmarks and Voiceover will read out the
duration and Chatper number of the last chapter in the part. Now if you
hear, for example, 32:38 Chapter 12 and you are listening to Chapter 8 you
know that you have 4 chapters remaining.

One other way would be for you to know approximately how long each part of
the book is. I usually check how long a book is when I buy it since the
total duration is shown, so if I have a book that is 15 hours and 44 minutes
long and consists of 2 parts I know that each part is a bit under 8 hours.
If you check the Playback Position slider which is one flick to the right of
the chapter's remaining time and just before you get to the Hands Free,
Sleep Mode, Narration Speed and Share buttons, the time displayed here is
the elapsed part of the entire part you are listening to, not just that of
the chapter. So if it says 5:30:32 I know I am 5 hours 30 minutes and 32
seconds into that part and knowing roughly how long the part most likely is
this gives me an indication.

You actually bring up a good point and I think I will include this into my
next email to Audible. I am planning to write them shortly to tell them
about the new Action rotor in iOS 6 and asking if they could not implement
this into the app in order to allow us Voiceover users an easy way to delete
the parts of a book. It would be great if we could just swipe up rod won on
a part and have a delete option just like in mail. I will also suggest that
it would be a nice feature to have a percentage indicator which indicates
how much of the entire book one has listened to. And in case you and others
want to write to them as well, I also would include the fact that while
Voiceover says "Download in progress" if you are downloading a part of a
book, there is no spoken information as to how much of the download has been
completed. This information is there for sighted users.