That's so odd, Richard. I find that the document channel often doesn't work for
me, either. I usually get the message, no text, or something like that. It's
strange, too, considering I'm doing the same thing I would be with something
like KNFBReader, and that was fine. It's especially odd, given that the short
text channel works fine--well, as fine as any OCR app ever does on the iPhone.
I find that my hands usually shake after a little bit of holding up the phone.
It's better if I brace my elbows on the table, though, but that doesn't help
when you need to scan something freehand, like when you're out and about.

Thanks,
Ari