I have a series 2 watch and keep the volume set to 30 or 40%, since
the speaker is smaller than other newer watch speakers. I typically
use the haptic feedback to find out what time it is, and use the
watch's health tracking abilities. Mark is right though that it
sometimes takes multiple taps to wake the screen and get the vibrated
time feedback. As long as we're talking about the watch, I have a free
app called Sleep Watch. If I wear my watch overnight it automatically
tracks my sleep habits and patterns. I then get a notification on the
phone the next day asking how well I slept. The Sleep Watch app has
some unlabled buttons, but I can usually open it, answer the question,
and then move on with the day.

Wayne

Connect with me on GoodReads:
www.goodreads.com/waynesbooks