So what some are taking issue with here and how it works is how the
feature is implemented right now and not a bug in how it is
performing. People need to understand that. If you want it to work
differently that is a feature request. As has been mentioned, it is
available where the delete gesture is available for sighted people
within built-in apps and features, not in third party apps. In the
built-in apps it does not do the same thing on all screens because the
delete gesture for the sighted people does not either.