Hello Sieghard,
For me the issue arises after I place the ring tone on the phone and
exit iTunes. When I connect my phone to the computer on a subsequent
session and open iTunes the ring tones that have been copied to the
phone are not shown any longer even though these are present on the
phone. They are only shown at the initial time they are copied.