From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of David Chittenden
Sent: 22 September 2012 06:05
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: A question about screen lock.

When you get a notification and your screen is locked, the unlock screen
pops up displaying the notification(s) which have come in since the last
time you locked your phone. This screen remains on for a short time (20 or
30 seconds). This has been the case since I purchased my iPhone 4 in
September 2010 and has not changed. If the screen locks whilst you are
reading the notification, just press the sleep/wake button on the top of the
phone, or press the home button to bring the unlock screen back up.

What people appear to be asking for is that the screen not lock while they
are checking their notifications. It sounds like a good idea, but consider
that people desire the battery to last as long as possible. Whenever the
screen is active, the battery is draining more rapidly. If one receives a
long notification and the screen does not lock until VO is finished
speaking, this means your screen will be active that much longer. If you
want to spend time reading through the notifications, unlock your iDevice
and spend the time in the notification centre.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone

On 22/09/2012, at 9:23, Kawal Gucukoglu <kawa...@me.com> wrote:

> Hello All.
>
> I don't know anything about the new IOS6 as I have no device but that will
change tomorrow when I get the I phone 5.  So what I'm going to ask is due
to ignorance or not understanding so please forgive.

> Every one talks about screen lock and in the last version of I phone
software (ever since I had the I phone 4), in settings, there was a dialogue
box which said something like never lock the screen as you could lock the
screen automatically in five minutes, ten minutes, one minute or never.  So
does this option not exist anymore as everyone says their screen locks when
they are listening to their notifications.  I'm sorry if I'm dum but it's
difficult to know what people are talking about if you don't have a device
in front of you.  So apologies..