For what it's worth, I have been having the same problem with the
rapid drain and slow charge of the battery on my iPhone 8.  After
resetting the network and rebooting the phone it was still happening.

After turning off battery optimization as was suggested earlier in
this thread,  the battery charged from 60% to 100% in about an hour,
and then was down to 75% after 4 hours of being unplugged. However
during a lot of that time Microsoft SoundScape was running so I could
get information on where I was walking.

This is opposed to draining from 100% to 60% in about 3 hours of
letting the phone sit on my desk not doing anything.