I experience this on my 4S as well running iOS 6.
It's definitely a bug since restoring to factory defaults does not make any
difference.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Scott Howell
Sent: 13. oktober 2012 11:56
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: voiceover during a call

I experience this as well, but what is interesting is the level of the volume
seems to raise and lower erratically. I am not sure how I can really test this,
but sometimes it seems as though perhaps VO is coming out from the speaker on
the bottom of the phone (when it sounds louder) and then suddenly switches to
the speaker in the earpiece. I have no idea if this is really happening, but it
just seems that way. I plan to write Apple about this as well, but I wanted to
try and determine if there is anything I am doing while touching the screen
etc. or if there is anything I can provide that may help determine the issue
first.