I don't own a HomePod, but I'm curious, when something is transferred in this
way, wouldn't it be simply like sending it to the Homepod via Airplay?

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Mary
Otten
Sent: Saturday, February 29, 2020 4:46 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: HomePod Question

After you transfer something to your HomePod, you can use your phone for other
things. You can lock the screen. But you cannot turn off the phone entirely, or
even close the app which is the source of the program on your HomePod. Thus, it
is not the same as a Chromecast, where you can completely turn off your device
once the Chromecast has taken over.

Sent from my iPhone

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/E85A7AE4-F118-42C0-9621-9DCD9F9FCE3D%40gmail.com.