From: Alan Lemly
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2020 9:36 AM
Subject: RE: Some important queries re setting up a new IPhone SE from
scratch - all help appreciated

Gera,

I did not have a good experience when using the NFC phone to phone setup
when upgrading from an iPhone 7 to an iPhone 8. I got some sort of confusing
response from the new phone that my Apple ID did not match. Since I had only
ever had one Apple ID, I decided at that point to restore from my encrypted
iTunes backup which worked fine after the delay to re-download all the apps
from the cloud. I believe when I get my SE 2020, I'll just restore from a
backup and proceed without the phone to phone transfer.

Alan Lemly