Hi Neel and list,
well I can see you have done thorough research, but my question is why have three separate apple stores told different people that they can by apple products vat free? I would suggest the fact apple includes VoiceOver means they have adapted the product to be useful to the visually impaired. I suggest this issue should be investigated further, as we already know apple stores have mixed training about this, so its quite possible HMRC might be giving out inaccurate information as well.