Another negative: I know how to tag things properly and for Greatest
Hits compilations (I'll use R.E.M.'s last one as an example) it
matches only the song. By this I mean, in certain cases, it'll
download the original album version of a song that came out in say...
the 80's... and not the remastered greatest hits version. This means
sound quality and volume levels throughout the compilation will then
fluctuate on playback because albums back then were mastered at a
lower volume level.

-Marc

On 10/19/12, Scott Howell <scottn3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would concur with that as well. I do not sync all my music to my phone and
> for sure that is do to a lack of sufficient space. :) The only other
> advantage is if you had material that was 128Kb and if there was a match
> available from iTunes Match you could swap the 128Kb for 256. So, if you
> ripped your own stuff you would not benefit either.
>
> On Oct 19, 2012, at 2:34 PM, "Damashe Thomas" <damashe.tho...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If I were in your position, I don't think I would have subscribed to
>> iTunes match. I chose to use it because I can't put all my music on my
>> iPhone and still have room for the many apps and podcasts that are stored
>> there. It is just an opinion, but the only advantage I think you would
>> gain at this point would be having an extra backup of sorts of all your
>> music. There may be some other reasons for you to subscribe, but I can't
>> think of any at the moment.
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <siegh...@live.ca>

“There is no shame in being who you are. There’s only shame in not
going down swinging to protect it”