Hi all

The below comes from the app store.  I am in South Africa, where no apps really
warns against lightning strikes, unless you pay some monthly subscriptions for
the local weather apps, not always so successful.  This app is mostly
accessible, and it does warn of lightning, within 30 km and then again within
10 km.  It does work for me, most of the times.  See then the below:

Weatherplaza is the new and improved international weather app created by
Infoplaza. The app provides weather forecasts up to 14 days for over a million
locations worldwide using the latest global weather data models available.
Personalise your app by creating alerts for your favourite locations to make
sure the weather doesn’t ruin your day. The app includes a 'live' rain alarm
that works throughout a large part of the world and a lightning alarm that
works worldwide.

Why download the Weatherplaza app?

- It's simple and easy to use

- Extensive weather forecasting for over a million locations worldwide

- Weather forecasts for the next 24 hours up to 14 days

- Rain alarm and rain radar

- Worldwide lightning alarm with 98% accuracy

Weatherplaza uses the best weather data available, which is then analysed by
professional meteorologists. This data is also used by major companies and
governmental institutions. Our customers rely daily on accurate and reliable
weather services so the Weatherplaza app has been created to help their daily
activities become a little bit more predictable.

Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease
battery life.

What’s New

Version History

4 Jun 2020Version 1.2.7

Weatherplaza has a number of very cool, new updates! A completely new map has
been added. In addition, a new data stream has been introduced for displaying
live lightning and precipitation. Under the hood in effect, Weatherplaza has
become a whole new app which is much faster and very smooth. We hope you are as
enthusiastic about Weatherplaza's revamp as we are!