My friends older phone 8+ never froze up in the cold. She used to shoot
pictures in the snow, ofmy dog, while skiing, and inall kinds of bitter cold
weather. Her 11 acted up shortly after she first got it while skiing in Utah
over the holidays and not even in the worst cold weather possible. I told her,
as someone mentioned here, the phone might’ve been still setting itself up. So
she’s had less problems overtime than when she first got it. I do recall a few
weeks ago though she pulled it out of her pocket to shoot some pictures of my
dog with snow all over her nose that immediately froze up and she was quite
perplexed.  she’s an outdoors woman, and she’s also glued to her phone, so you
get the picture.Oh by the way oh by the way off and pull my phone out in the
worst of weather to turn the GPS on, or to check my location, or to pop off a
text real quick and I’ve never had my phone freeze up in the cold. Certainly if
it’s left in the direct sun on a hot summer day it will turn itself off so I’ve
learned not to do that.
Yes my iPhone 6s used to get hot a lotEven even if the only thing I had open
was tune in radio and it was playing. It still works though.
Deidre

Sent from my iPhone