Hi,
I recently upgraded to an iPhone 12 Pro and I can say that getting used to the
absence of a Home button isn’t a big deal, although I do sometimes have trouble
swiping down from the top of the screen to get into Control Center or
Notifications. So, to get around that difficulty I set up Back Tap so that a
single-finger double-tap gets me into Control Center and a single-finger triple
tap gets me into Notifications. Works great. Also, in the Facebook app or any
place where I can’t find the Back button, I’ve set it up so that a two-finger
quadruple  tap works like the scrub gesture, which has always been problematic
for me.
As a side note, I do like Face ID.

Tom