From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Annie Skov Nielsen
Sent: Tuesday, 30 October 2012 6:59 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: using iphone and braille display for reading text without
having to change pages

Hi Scot.

This downloads app, who has made this one, I can not just find it. I believe
I miss another thread which I have not read.

Best regards Annie.
Den Oct 29, 2012 kl. 2:44 PM skrev Scott Howell <scottn3...@gmail.com>:

> Brett,
>
> Just to confirm, the Downloads app does not require that you press the
back button before closing the app? I understand using the FileApp Pro you
do need to press the back button first.

<annieskovniel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi.
>>
>> I have a couple of comments here.
>>
>> 1. I often uses ibooks for reading braille. I make sure to have the
smallest letters and when I play a little with which letters gives the
smallest amounts of pages in a document, that helps a lot. When I read a
page uses the line up to go to the start of the page and when press spacebar
+o to go to the next page, that works great for me, I can figure out where I
am in the text e.g. how many pages left until a new chapter.

>> 2. Another program that I often uses is ILike2ReadPro. It will also
remember where you left reading, and you can save bookmarks and more. You
can also search in your document. In ILike2ReadPro you will have great use
of the option vertical navigation, ispecially with a braille display.

>> If you will need more assistance feel free to ask again, also if you do
not understand my explanation, I will try to explain it again in another
way.

>> Best regards Annie.
>> Den Oct 29, 2012 kl. 10:57 AM skrev Brett <brettst...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi Scott,
>>>
>>> Yes it does, as long as you click the back button to close the document
before you close the app.

>>> Cheers,
>>> Brett.
>>>

>>> Sent from Brett's iPhone

place or behave as the Downloads app?
slowing me down a bit to much in this specific situation where I needed the
text to be at my finger tips. :)

you read Word documents without having to scroll pages.

document to mark up the sections you want to quickly jump to. To mark a
heading in a word document on your computer, select the text you want as a
heading, then press Control plus Alt plus 1 (for a heading level 1), Control
plus Alt plus 2 (for a heading level 2) and Control plus Alt plus 3, (for a
heading level 3).

word. Once the file is saved, again copy it to the Downloads app on your
phone. When you open it, it will open as a HTML (wep page document), here
you can set the rotor to headings and them jump quickly to the sections you
previously marked up. This sounds harder than it is, but it really doesn't
take much time and its handy for meetings when I need to quickly skip around
a file.

when you click the Back button to close the document. This doesn't occur
when using notes, although I do use notes for taking my shorthand notes in
meetings etc.

the Notes app next week. Everything loaded in there reads straight through
without the need to scroll pages and either the issue with vo doing strange
things when a note gets too long doesn't happen when speech is turned off or
my file isn't long enough to cause a problem.

everybody and follow along in the Scripture passages at church. I had typed
everything onto my computer and sent it to Pages on my iPhone. It worked
reasonably well. The only problem I had was that sometimes I would change
pages and either I would have blank display for a while or the right page
didn't come up. I am not using sppeech for this, just my iPhone and
Refreshabraille 18. Is there an app I can use or a way that I can use pages
so that I'm not having to change pages. Usually it seems that about 3 of my
pages show up on the screen or at least can be panned on my display. Then I
have to scroll using 3456chord and 1456-chord. If another page doesn't come
up pretty quickly, I'm left behind with only an 18-cell braille disply. Is
there an app that will let me just keep panning from one end of a file to
the other? I did like that I could try to go to different pages in case
something happened out of sequence but I don't like being stuck trying to
get the display to show the next page. I need to be able to just keep
panning from beginning to end of the file without having to do a scroll
command. Would Notes or Plaintext work for this; I know there have been
issues using Notes for longer files but would that matter as much since I'm
muting speech? If I can get this perfected it will save me from having to
carry around a backpack with a song notebook and a couple of Bible volumes.