I want to clear up some confusion about the supposed terrible battery
on the iPhone Mini.  It is better than earlier iPhones.  The iPhone 12
Mini has a battery capacity of 2200 MAH with 15 hours of video
playback and 50 hours of audio playback. The iPhone 7 released in 2016
had a battery capacity of 1960 mAH and 13 hours of video playback and
40 hours of audio playback. the iPhone 8 released in 2017 had 1821 mAH
and also had 13 hours of video playback and 40 hours of audio
playback.  The same battery life of the iPhone 8 applies to the iPhone
SE, second generation available in stores now.

I have an iPhone 7 bought in October 2016 and have not yet replaced
the battery. I can still get through most of the day with it,
considering I have the screen on zero brightness, force quit most of
my apps, and have limited active use.  For those worried about battery
life, apply battery conservation measures.

Kelly