From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Sieghard
Weitzel
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2021 4:15 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: How can I change the email address I use for this group?

Hello Keith,

I assume Mark sorted you out, but this is not very difficult, however, it is a
sort of 2-step process.

First, I'll explain the Google Groups side, then there is a part you have to do
on your main Google Account which is to actually add any email address or
addresses you want to potentially use for your Google Group subscriptions:

1. If you click on the last link in any message for "To view this discussion on
the web", it takes you to the Viphone Google Group page, you can use heading
level 2 from the top of the page to get directly to "Viphone", if I arrow down
I get the following (taken from Jaws speech history):

heading level 2 VIPhone Menu
Conversations, more than 99 are unread
Members menu
About menu
My membership settings menu

2. Press enter or spacebar on My Membership Settings, this opens another menu
which essentially is very similar to the above, it goes like this:

Conversations, more than 99 are unread 1 of 4 Members 2 of 4 About 3 of 4 My
membership settings 4 of 4

3. Press enter again on My Membership Settings and if necessary tab out of this
if it doesn't close.
4. Now press "2" again for the next heading level 2 and you should hear
"heading level 2  My membership settings", you can now arrow down through the
options which are as follows:

Avatar image  Graphic
Display name
 Edit  Sieghard Weitzel

 Link to my Google Account  check box   not checked

Email used for membership
Email used for membership
siegh...@live.ca list box item selected 2 of 3

Subscription
Subscription
Each email list box item selected 1 of 4

 Subscribe me to email updates when I post to a conversation  check box
checked   Unavailable

Save changes Button   Unavailable

In my case it says "unavailable" after the Save Changes button because I
haven't made any changes, but the two items you might be interested in are the
"email used for membership" and "Subscription".
The email used for membership in my case says "2 of 3" because there are 3
email addresses available I can choose from, the actual Gmail address for my
Google Account which I never really use, then siegh...@live.ca is 2 of 3 and
the one I use for most of my email groups and the third is my main personal
email I use for correspondence with friends and family and for all my online
things like banking, shopping accounts, etc. Changing it is as simple as
pressing enter or spacebar on the list box and arrowing up or down to select a
different address.

The "Subscription" list box which for me says "Each email list box item
selected 1 of 4" means I am getting any post to the list as separate emails and
the "1 of 4" indicates there are 4 choices here, they are as follows:

Each email 1 of 4 Each message delivered as it’s posted Digest 2 of 4 Messages
sent in bundles of 25 Abridged 3 of 4 Abridged messages sent in bundles of up
to 150, at least once daily No email 4 of 4 No emails sent

Once you get to the one you want just press enter to select it, then go to the
bottom of the page and press "Save".

Now back to what I said above about this being a 2-step process. This is so
because if you have never registered any other emails with your Google Account
they won't show up here in this list box so in order to be able to change the
email you first have to sign into your Google Account and click on "Manage
Account".
Now go to your "Personal Info" section and use the heading level 2 quick nav
key to find your "Contact Info" heading which is after "Basic", then arrow down
to the "Email" link and press enter to go into that section.
Now again you can use the "2" quick nav key to find the main sections here
which are:

Google Account email
Recovery email
Contact email
Alternate emails
About me emails

Now when you get to "Alternat email" arrow down and you hear this:

Other email addresses you can use to sign in to your account. They can also be
used to reach you in case you get locked out.
list of 2 items
siegh...@live.ca
siegh...@outlook.com
list end
 visited   Link  Manage alternate emails

This of course is what it says for me, but as you can see both my emails are
listed here, if you don't have any you click on "Manage Alternate Emails" and
here you can add or delete them, after you add one it will send you an email to
that address and you have to click a verification link before it becomes active.
Once you have added an email address or several email addresses if you wish,
you can then go back to the viphone Google Group page and now when you go into
My Membership Settings you have any of the emails you added available to choose
from and group messages will be delivered to it.

Now maybe Richard can take this email and put it on his website so that if
somebody else asks how to do this or how to change the way messages are
delivered, e.g. each message, digest mode etc. he can then refer them to this,
I personally don't keep such messages, but Richard, you are welcome to use it
as is or change it to your liking and use it then.

Take care,