No, it is very faint, and only happens when the phone is shaken vigorously at a
certain angle. When I rest my finger on the volume buttons, the rattle is not
present at all. So, in my case, it is a non-issue.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone

On 06/11/2012, at 17:21, Grant Hardy <grantha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David, if you depress the volume button while you are shaking the
> phone, do you hear a rattle?
>
> In my case it was a clear rattling sound that was not dependent on any
> one button or switch, at least as far as I could determine.
>
> Grant
>
> On 11/5/12, David Chittenden <dchitten...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It depends on the rattle. On my iPhone, if I hold it just right and shake it
>> just so, I can barely hear a very slight rattle. In my case, it is one of
>> the volume buttons which I can very slightly wiggle. The movement is less
>> than a millimetre. As a company, I would not replace such an issue unless my
>> policy stated that nothing in the product has any movement except in
>> directions that are specified. Yes, you can acquire products built to that
>> intense of specifications. And yes, those products are considerably more
>> expensive than the consumer analog of such products. For example, look at
>> the specs, and related prices, of the Panasonic ToughBook laptops. They are
>> a couple thousand more than standard laptops of the same specs.
>>
>> David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
>> Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
>> Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 06/11/2012, at 16:35, James Mannion <mannion...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, I know someone is going to say the tone at the end of my message
>>> and the wording was not appropriate and maybe it wasn't quite the way
>>> I should have expressed how I feel. I'm sorry if it was incorrect. I
>>> do very strongly feel concerned if they take the direction of just
>>> pushing the issue under the rug or denying it to be an issue or
>>> however is best to describe it. That idea is really upsetting to me.
>>> The only way I can really think of around it when it is an issue and
>>> if they will not respond in an acceptable way is to take it to
>>> squaretrade (square trade) and hope they would consider it a real