Good morning,

OK, to answer some of your questions.

Accessing the notifications center and control center

You can access the control and notifications center by placing your finger at
the top of the screen and sliding down. You will hear sounds as well as feel
haptic feedback. The first sound indicates that the gesture has started.

When you reach the second sound, if you remove your finger at this point that
will put you in the control center.

If you continue down to the third sound and remove your finger that will open
the notifications center.

Accessing the home screen and app switcher

Similar to the previous set of gestures, you will now place your finger at the
bottom of the screen and slide up. Once again the first sound indicates that
the gesture has started.

The second sound will take you to the home screen when you remove your finger,
and the third sound will open the app switcher upon removal of your finger.

For some of my students I have assigned the two back tap gestures for the home
screen and app switcher to their phones, so that they have functionality as
they get a feel for the gesture.

 Hope this helps.

Joe