Richard, you are a true genius!!!  The “change with” button was off.  Because I
could hear what siri was saying, hear the phone ringing, and hear conversations
okay, I thought my volume was okay.  Good lesson and thank you so much for your
help.  You knew far more than the apple accessibility rep did.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Richard
Turner
Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2022 1:57 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: trouble accessing screen on iPhone se 2020 using voice over

Try a three finger double tap to toggle speech on.

You should hear it say, speech on.  If it says speech off, then speech was
already on and you may have to try getting VoiceOver reading and tapping the up
volume button until you hear something.

Your volume may have gotten turned down too far.

Make sure under Settings, Sounds and Haptics, that change with buttons is off.

Richard

“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought
which they seldom use.” - Søren Kierkegaard

My web site: https://www.turner42.com <https://www.turner42.com/>

🦅