With some music playing double tap the Mini Player to expand it.

Locate and double tap Playing Next.

You will have a number of items that can be toggled on/off one of which should be Auto Play.  Double tap to toggle on then dismiss that screen.  This should achieve the result you want.

Malcolm Parfitt