Tonido states that they will not and cannot access user data, and
while I suppose I wouldn't trust it with life and death matters it
seems reasonably secure. I am sure there are possible security issues
but that is true of pretty much any cloud solution, including Dropbox
and even Google. Dropbox had an authentication bug for a few hours one
day back in 2011 that allowed anybody to login to any Dropbox account
with any password at all; there was some publicity of this bug that
you may have seen. Tonido states that the technology they are using
does not allow the company to find out your password and hence access
your data even if they wanted to, which is more than plausible. All in
all, it doesn't sound like we need to be too worried.

Grant