Margaret, in Weather, go through all of it, and you'll come to list. On mine it
includes Sanford, New York, and Cupertino. Double tap on the one you want.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Margaret Thomas
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2022 12:39 AM
To: V iPhone list <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Getting Weather Widget Back On iPhone Home Screen

Good Evening, All:

I thought maybe I had reached enough of need to know on the learning curve for
my SE 2 that I could try a little want to know or curious about things with the
phone and had heard weather widget  stack so many times on my status bar that I
decided to try to investigate widgets.

When I got the phone home from the Verizon store, it said   Cupertino and the
weather there and not my town and weather in the status bar that was very
annoying.  Several days later, I asked my computer tech who was here for
something else if he could turn off raise to tap and he did and my town and
weather were magically in the status bar instead of Cupertino when I looked at
the phone when he left.  Maybe he changed it which was helpful, but I have no
idea what he did, so I hadn't a clue about how to add a widget to the home
screen.
Somehow, in my various phone misadventures, I inadvertently added maps and
photos under the weather widget and had a stack.  At this stage, I have almost
no need of either of these two and thought I could remove them from the stack
and keep the very important weather widget.  I read a bunch of old posts and
listened to a podcast by Thomas Domville on "How to add, remove, and customize
widgets in iOS" on Applevis, but only found how to rearrange items in a stack
and how to remove a stack.
I tried removing one of the widgets I didn't want and probably didn't get far
enough along to find a do you really want to delete this widget and landed on
delete stack instead.

an old post VoiceOver Quiz and Answers: Rita's iDevice Advice for December 27,
2021 "51.  What are Widgets and how do you add them to any screen of apps on
your iPhone?

Answer:  How to Add Widgets to Your Home Screen.  The extra widget options you
can add to your Home screen. Adding these can range from fun, such as adding
featured photos, to useful, such as having the weather front and center for
your daily planning.
Note:  These instructions were written for sighted persons, who are not using
voiceOver.  If you are using VoiceOver:  when the instructions say "Tap on an
item", perform a one finger double tap.
1.  Unlock your iPhone if it is locked.
2.  Press your Home screen until the icons start to wiggle.
3.  Tap the Add button in the top left corner.
4.  Apple will suggest widgets. If your desired widget is there, tap it.
5.  If you don't see the widget you want to add, scroll down or use the search
bar at the top of the feature.
6.  Tap Add Widget.
7.  Tap Done." in doesn't work for me.  How can a blind person tell when the
icons start to wiggle?  I have a hearing problem and can't get the podcast by
Thomas Domville on "How to add, remove, and customize widgets in iOS" on
Applevis to work either.  He did something to get VO to
announce column numbers that I missed and my Today View on      IOS 15.6.1
does not sound like his demonstration:

https://www.applevis.com/podcasts/how-add-remove-customize-widgets-ios

Also, I'm not clear about what size widget to choose to get all the extras like
barometric pressure when I double tap on the widget.

My weather app is on screen 2 of my Home screen.

I'd be extremely grateful if anyone can help me get weather back prominently
like it was before.

Margaret

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/a130a773-6bdb-a632-0ad4-62dfc9636944%40fastmail.com.