Chris, that is what I am doing now, as I understand that batteries will last
way longer doing it that way.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Chris Chaffin
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2022 12:53 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Charging Your New Phone, Anyone?

Optimized battery charging does not stop charging your battery once it reaches
80%.  Instead, it slows down the charging process, and tries to go by your past
charging habits to time it reaching 100% as close to when you normally take it
off the charger.
So basically once it reaches 80%, it trickle charges slowly until it reaches
100%.  This is how its always worked.

Now me personally, I keep my battery between 25% and 85%, because this does
help prolong the life of your battery.  But I do this myself, it is nothing the
battery optimization does for me.  My iPhone 11 Pro that I used until last week
still had a battery life of 100% after 3 years of use.

In regards to the Battery optimization, here is an article from Apple Support
explaining it.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210512

Hope this helps.

Chris