Why on earth would calling 9 1 1 do anything? If calling was required why not
call a friend or if you can't call your bank's automated phone system or 6 1 1
which in Canada connects you to whoever your provider is.

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Daniel
MacDonald
Sent: Sunday, January 8, 2023 5:29 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Face ID and iOS 16.2 Help Please.. ease/

hello to all,

I,  have an iPhone 12 pro Max. I personally would not  update iOS  updating iOS
for any reason, unless you require your phone in education and/or employment
settings. this goes for all technology. do not upgrade to a major opperating
system, or update to a miner one, unless your workplace or educational
institution   has compatibility requirements to be running the latest software.
for example: I bought windows 11 enterprize for this exact reason, and because
the temptation  to beta test was presented, back as a windows insider i am.
now, when the next major release of windows 11 ships, i will be automaticly
unenrolled from the windows insider program, as my settings are such. that is
my personal opinion after a sirious bug in iOS forst me to reconsider beta
testing. the bug was, VoiceOver would work as it always does. then it would
stop. I had an iPhone SE, second generation at the time, it would get very hot,
it would freeze, and VoiceOver would not  work. as i was beta testing, bugs are
to be expected. i broke my NDA, as another bug with Bluetooth keyboard access,
which was it would not allow me to accept keyboard feedback   to VoiceOver, so
called AppleCare accessibility support i did. the bug was, so sirious that the
only way to get the phone working, was to literally , call, 911. I did that
twice, speaking with dispatchers,(who asked me,if i could speak freely to them
now)  and it was finally fixt in iOS 15.2 developer beta four, as i had a
developer program membership, at that time. I decided to never beta test, on my
primary device again!

               so i gave the SE to a friend who had an android phone which was
unusible, do to no sensativity in his fingers for a touchscreen, and no
reliable keyboard access. i took a $983.00 loss, as the phone was 1067.20, with
an eighteen dollar case. he lives in a nurcing home, and thus, cannot afford a
new iPhone. so that’s that. I don’t plan to beta test in the near term, but
things might turn in another direction … who knows. as far as Face ID, i too am
struggling with it! got a trusted family member to help set it up, and the tip
i got from Apple, is to make sure your nose is in the centre. when i was doing
the hed movements, i was told by that family member, what to do, and was guided
physically where to position my hed. it is possible however, it takes time and
pations. now, i hope you have success, and if an update or upgrade comes, do
not take it! I did, update my ChromeBook, and Chromevox, the chrome OS screen
reader, was changed majorly. so updates can brake things, and as screen reader,
or other acccessibility users, need stability. imagine, you’re in a meeting for
work. and an update to Chrome OS, or windows, is automaticly installed, as they
always are. you expect JAWS, ChromeVox, NVDA, or VoiceOver to work, and that
meeding is highly important to keeping your job! if something goes wrong in the
moment, updates install, and because of one, you are fired, now that would be
catastrophic! upgrades and updates are not always what they are cracked up to
be! Eloquence in iOS, still has a sirious bug where it does not read chunks of
documents, emails, or any other large peace of text. it siriously inhibits  my
workflow, to the point of not using it, and having to switch to another
sinthasizer. eSpeak fits that bill nicely! it’s technicly a beta, but not as
major as an entire opperating system, and provides bennifits nothing else comes
close to having! i signed up for beta testing weather gods, but that is
valuable  feedback i can send, and as a perk, everything is free! actually all
iOS and iPadOS app betas,as a condition of Apple’s beta testing app,
TestFlight, it is a stipulation developers adhere to. so it’s not all bad, but
never take an operating system for a spin in a beta cycle, unless you are a
competent power user!  apps are fine, sometimes, but if you need one
specifically   for a job or schooling, never beta test! and especially not on a
daily driver!
sincerely,
Daniel Angus MacDonald

Sent from my iPhone