From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Barbara
Stahl
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2023 7:45 PM
To: Viphone <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Reading downloaded audible books when not connected to the internet.

Hi list!
I updated my ipod to IOS 15.7.2 today. After installing this update. I also
updated my apps including the audible app to the latest app version.
However, now whenever I try to read a downloaded book when not connected to the
internet, it comes up with the message please connect to the internet to
continue reading.
Does anyone know why this is happening? I have always been able to read
downloaded audible books without being connected to the internet.  This is a
real problem, because my ipod is only connected to wifi when I'm at home.
Is there some sort of setting that I need to change to restore the ability to
read downloaded audible books without being connected to the internet?
I have tried clearing the app from the app switcher and also restarting my
phone.  I also tried signing out of audible and then signing in again with no
success.
Do I need to delete the app and redownload it?  Or is there something else that
I should do?
If this is some sort of new feature with the latest audible app, is there a way
to return to to the earlier version of audible that does not behave in this way?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/D69F345F-8E53-4728-A658-4D8E6C46690F%40gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/D69F345F-8E53-4728-A658-4D8E6C46690F%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.