10 Sonos speakers in an apartment is certainly a lot unless your apartment is
bigger than most people's houses! I am actually in the process of downsizing my
Sonos system a bit, we currently have 3 stereo pairs of Sonos On (bathroom,
kitchen and my woodworking shop) and I used to have a stereo pair of Five in
the bedroom as well as a set of One SL as rear speakers for our Sonos surround
setup in the living room.
After we did a renovation a year ago combining our master bedroom (which wasn't
that big) with another bedroom next door to a larger master bedroom and making
the third bedroom upstairs and a short hallway part of the now much larger
living room, I put in-wall speakers into the new bedroom wall which are
connected to a Sonos Amp which sits on a high shelf in a walk-in closet. I then
replaced the One SL speakers with the set ofg Fives for a better rear surround
experience. This leaves me with the 2 One SL speakers as well as the 2 stereo
pair of Sonos One from the kitchen and my workshop and I am planning to sell
all 6 of them since I now bought a second Move to make a stereo pair and this
will be in the kitchen and it can go into my workshop oru outside if we want it
there since it has a rechargeable battery. Of course I may end up selling the
pair of Fives as well if the new Era 100 and 300 have upfiring speakers for a
better Dolby Atmos experience and ultimately we are also planning a bathroom
reno and I am pretty sure I will at that stage go back to in-wall or in-ceiling
speakers connected to an Amp instead of having the Sonos Ones mounted to the
wall. 2 sets of my Ones are first generation so I can get the 15% upgrade
credit on them which I can then use for adding some of the Era 100 or 300, it
was definitely a smart move when Sonos introduced these upgrade credits. I had
quite a bit old Sonos gear from around 2009/2010 and all of that qualified for
the 30% upgrade credit and since Sonos still let's you sell it, I got some
pretty good deals on the newer stuff.