From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Wayne
Merritt
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 12:32 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Just a Quick Hello To Everyone on the List from Moderator Mark

A couple of things I can think of. First, improvements to Braille Screen Input,
such as iOS keeping up with my brailling speed. Often I am able to write text
at a comfortable speed. But there are times when I have to recallobrate the dot
positions, or switch back and forth between uncontracted and contracted input
in order to get my text entered correctly. I recall reading something in the
last few years where Apple said they would address this, but I still find it
clunky. I would also like to see improvements to focuses, specifically being
able to enter different start and end times for weekends versus weekdays for Do
Not Disturb. If this was added and I missed it then great. But the last time I
looked, I did not see this level of detail. Considering they made enhancements
in iOS 16 to Focus, I was disappointed when I looked and did not find this in
Do Not Disturb. That's all I can think of right now. Apple has a great track
record for accessibility. Unfortunately, they also have a record for
introducing features which may make a difference for people, and then not doing
anything else with them. Do Not Disturb being a case in point. One other thing
I just thought of: the ability to better filter mail in the native iOS app.
True, there are some filter options, but they barely scratch the surface in my
opinion. I am able to set detailed filters in Gmail on the web. It seems that
setting the same level of filters should also be possible in an app. I have
tried several, including the Gmail app, Outlook, and the native iOS mail app,
but have not found one that I totally like or that has the level of filtering
that I'm looking for.

Warm regards,
Wayne
Wayne Merritt