It sounds like text detection does pretty much what all the other things like
that envision AI or voice dream scanner etc. do when you hold your camera over
some text. Whether it’s better or not then those abs, who knows? The point and
shoot sort of thing that they also talk about sounds like it would be
exceedingly frustrating for a totally blind person. And Thomas Dawnville admits
that, saying that it’s probably better for someone with low vision who can see
what they want but can’t read it.

Sent from my iPhone