This is great information.

Thank you, Dan.

Mark

From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Dan
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2023 6:57 AM
To: 'cwc' via VIPhone <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: an oddity with messaging after 17.0.1 updateIt turns out

Ok, I found the problem.

It turns out that the update turned on a setting that I haven't seen before.

If you go into accessibility settings and then go down to almost the bottom of
the screen you will find a button called Siri.  If you click on that and then
go down to almost the bottom of the screen again you'll find a button called
"announce notifications on speaker".  It is a switch button.  Mine was on.  I
turned it off and now my phone behaves as I prefer again.  It wakes the phone
and VO reads the incoming message to me.

Dan Beaver (KA4DAN) USA