Hi Group,

I guess it depends on what you are using these automated helpers for. I find Siri better than Alexa or Curtana for general knowledge.  As far as opening apps, I do that myself. Early on when I first began using the iPhone, I learned to edit my home screen, group various apps by category into folders and so on. Even when using the contacts listing in e-mails,  text or phone calls, I add all regularly used addresses to the contacts list and the only time I ever use Siri to make calls/texts is if the addressee is not in my contacts list.  Siri never misses when I ask her call (998) 555-1111.
I almost never ask Siri to be involved at all in apps.

On 10/25/2023 11:18 PM, M. Taylor wrote:
Mary,

You've got me smiling.  Thank you.

I have to admit, I agree with you.

I continue to be amazed at the power of Alexa and other assistants in
comparison to Siri.  It's interesting since Siri existed before any of the
others.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Mary
Otten
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2023 7:56 PM
To: via VIPhone <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Siri continues to be the dumbest of all dumb assistance.

I just upgraded to iOS 17.1. I’m grateful for the post about the language
rotor, which was unnecessarily unchecked. But now, Siri is even dumber than
before. When I ask her to open Pedometer, it asks which app Pedometer or
StepUp. I clearly said Pedometer. So why does it need to ask that? Further,
when I reply to it stupid question which app by saying Pedometer, it says uh-oh
there’s a problem. The app is there, and if I find it on my phone I can open
it. Really Apple, you are really behind the eight ball here.  My Samsung device
opens stuff just fine with the much-maligned Bixby. Siri, worthless. Apple
really has fallen way behind the curve and this has nothing to do with AI. Get
your stuff together Apple.

Signature:
For a nation to admit it has done grievous wrongs and will strive to correct
them for the betterment of all is no vice;
For a nation to claim it has always been great, needs no improvement  and to
cling to its past achievements is no virtue!