From: viphone@googlegroups.com <viphone@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Mary
Otten
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2023 10:37 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Be My AI and what it may teach us?

I do not want to know what some artificial intelligence thinks somebody’s
expression means. Cultural stuff hugely influences that sort of thing. And as a
totally blind person from birth, I can’t tell you how many times people have
asked me why are you angry? Because I’m not smiling. Apparently you’re supposed
to go around smiling all the time especially if you’re a woman. So I don’t
trust AI male centric and Eurocentric as it must obviously be, based on who is
making these glorious language models and facial expression models etc.I don’t
want it. I want human to human interaction, and never mind somebody else
assuming they know what I’m thinking because of how my face looks. I sure don’t
want to inflict that misunderstanding on somebody else.

Sent from my iPhone

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/viphone/F1EA184A-B8F7-4D72-97C8-A19F5D31E1FD%40gmail.com.