From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of David Chittenden
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2012 19:48
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: nook Question

And here is one of the problems with the digital copyright schemes. You
cannot lend books. The only current exception I know of is libraries using
overdrive. OverDrive allows libraries to lend out the exact number of books
they have purchased. Whilst the book is in a patron's account, it cannot be
lent to another patron. After the lending period. The patron's account
automatically ceases allowing the borrower access to the book and someone
else can then borrow / access it.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288