Hi, John and All.
I'm sorry if this comes through twice or if the formatting is odd.
If I may ask, what readers have you used, John? I am a bit surprised
to hear what you say below, as I understood that Mobi and Epub were
entirely different containers, though both use HTML/XHTML for their
text. Epub is a zip file, basically, while Mobi is a .PRC Palm Pilot
file. However that may be, I would be overjoyed if simple renaming
would work, it would save tons of headaches, particularly on mobile
platforms like the iDevices. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get this
to work on any of the three readers I have here. With Ibooks, Blio,
and Nook, the reader simply refuses to load the renamed file. It's as
if the file isn't there. There is no error, but the file, when I
attempt to load it, simply disappears and is not visible in the list
of books in either application. When using the file with Epub readers
on the PC, particularly Kurzweil 1000 and Digital Editions, the file
is not opened and I do get an error saying that the file is not in the
correct format.
If you would let us know which reader can do this, particularly if
it's for mobile, it would be appreciated.
Aman