The Apple Maps app is still getting some negative press. I read where a
police department in a community in Australia was asking citizens not to
use the Apple Maps app since people were getting so lost and needed
rescuing. Apple has since fixed this issue, but this was reported just
in the last couple of days.

With other free navigation options, like Google Maps, MapQuest and so
on, I'm not sure why the Apple Maps issues would keep anyone from upgrading.

On 13/12/12 03:06, David Chittenden wrote:
> The maps app on iOS 6 had problems for the first few weeks. I have not
> heard about any problems for the past month or so. The maps app uses a
> data feed to internet servers, so the fixes occur in the back-end.
>
> From an accessibility perspective, Apple Maps is much better than the
> older Google Maps. You can now slide your finger around the display and
> audibly explore the map. It is similar to what has been available on
> Android for a while now.
>
> I have not had any difficulties with Apple Maps on my iPhone.
>

> David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
> Email: dchitten...@gmail.com <mailto:dchitten...@gmail.com>
> Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 13/12/2012, at 19:44, Kevin Gibbs <kevj...@gmail.com
> <mailto:kevj...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> guys,
>> I'm thinking of upgrading to IOS6 on my iPhone 4.  What's restraining
>> me is the stuff I keep hearing about how the Maps on IOS 6 really
>> suck.  has anyone had any experience getting from A to B using the new
>> maps app?  How reliable is it?  I heard that they fired the guy
>> responsible for it a few weeks back.
>>
>> anyway, I'd appreciate any feedback.
>>
>> Kevin
>> If I decide it sucks, is it even possible to downgrade back to IOS 5?

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail